Tuesday, June 3, 2008

June already!!!! Time seems to fly by and it goes faster the older I get. I had a wonderful day in the studio on Saturday. I decided to try my hand at free motion quilting. My skill at this technique lacks sophistication. Practice, practice, practice is what I have been told in order to become proficient at free motion quilting so I decided to stitch fabric scraps together not being concerned about the raw edges. It was rather like learning cursive writing. I started with a circular pattern and continued to work is circles going to the left and the right.

I ended up with a lovely piece of fabric full of colored threads...and so I made a purse organizer. My keys, id badge for work and cell phone always get lost in the bottom of my bag, my new "art" piece holds these things together so they don't end up in the bowels of my purse.

Much of my artwork needs lots of thought before beginning. I love to paint fabric when I am not sure where to start. Usually the painting brings out some ideas of where to start the art. That is my task for tonight...get some fabric painted...maybe in colors I don't often use, just to give me some new direction.

No comments: