Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day

Three day weekends are so special. Not only do I get the things done that need to be done but I have an extra day to play and play I did! I planted the window boxes that sit on the front porch railing. Usually I go with a red and white theme to offset my gray house but this year my husband saw some beautiful pink geraniums and so I went pink...pink geraniums, pink petunias and varigated ivy. It is so fresh looking (yeah, I know, sounds a bit boring for an artist-but sometimes simple is best.)

For a change we had delightful weather, sunny, breezy and warm. It was hard to stay in the studio when the out of doors is calling me...so needless to say, the garden won. I will be designing a few on-the-porch projects so those rockers on the porch get used this summer.

Memorial Day - picnics, parades and a day to remember those who have gone before us.

No comments: