Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Wanda's Progress

The end of June is fast approaching and I have done nothing in the studio. I have been taking care of my friend Wanda who is recovering from her bilateral mastectomy. She is doing really well. One would never know that she had this procedure just two weeks ago. Patience isn't one of Wanda's virtues. She doesn't see the daily improvements that I see. Wanda still gets tired easily and is facing the fact that she has had cancer...stage 1 ...but cancer all the same. She will be all right. We are convinced of that...but in the meantime, we must be patient and let her body heal.

I have decided that the few minutes I will get in the next couple of days will be spent making paper fabric and background fabrics so I can be ready for making any project I dream up. I will continue working on those unfinished projects but have been eager to try some new things.

No comments: