Thursday, April 22, 2010

LIFE'S LITTLE TREASURES

So I haven't posted in awhile....sometimes the weeks just seem to fly by. There are plenty of excuses for not posting but mostly it is finding the time to sit and download the photos and then write. The problem lately has been that we are in the midst of a bathroom renovation...our only bathroom....which has meant total upheaval as we try to live without certain facilities. The renovators have kept the toilet functional as much as possible but other than that we have had to rely on my BFF for showers and other necessities...so needless to say, the very act of survival has left little time in the studio.

Some time ago I created this little quilt. The flower is my first experiment with my embellisher. I have found it fun to see what I can create from bits and pieces of flotsam and jetsam from the studio. The bee is a stamped image on teabag paper ( yes, you can reuse the teabag after making tea...just let the teabag dry then carefully open it along the seams, brush away the tealeaves and then create). Another gem for my art quilt "book".




No comments: