Saturday, August 2, 2008

Ok, so maybe I am not the brightest bulb in the light fixture...yesterday I got lost on my way to work!!! There was a detour and the route I took the day before also had a detour. After being lost for 45 minutes, I finally found out what town I was in and was able to head in the right direction. Working in a hospital has several advantages...there are hospital signs starting about a mile or so away from the hospital and by following the signs, I was able to get to work. Today being Saturday and not having to work, I headed for the area where I got lost and found several ways to get to work, probably something I should have done before but never had the need.

Collage has been the day's creative endeavor. I often collage paper and fabric but today's was strictly paper. I find that less than 5 layers leaves something to be desired. I count the paint I use on the foundation paper as my first layer, then add cut outs, stamped images and nore paint...sometimes some gesso for texture...anyway, it was good to try something a little out of my box.

No comments: