Saturday, July 26, 2008

I have neglected this blog for way too long. I need to write about what is going on with the art in my world. I have been taking an online class with Sharon Boggons called The Studio Journal, The Workhorse of the Studio. This class is designed to create a habit of using a studio journal on a regular basis....and while I don't get into the studio daily (sorry, Sharon), I do get there at least twice a week to play...and yes...what I do is play...even on those projects that have been fully designed and are nearly completed...I get to play.

This morning, I went for a walk to photograph interesting textures and shapes to use in my designs and there were some surprising results...an ancient cement...well, maybe not so ancient...ball that was covered with moss. What a delight it will be to use that in one of my designs. The photo will have to ferment in the studio journal for a while until I can decide how to use it...but that is exactly what the studio journal is for.

I need to get back to my needle-felting machine. I am still trying to figure out how I will use it. I have seen so many beautiful things on different web sites but am still trying to find my own style with this machine and technique.

No comments: