Tuesday, May 20, 2008

My cat is very much a part of the family. She wants to be a part of everything I do, including this blog. She is currently sitting in my lap and interfering with my ability to type. Sage follows the cursor and continually tries to catch it in her paws. She is my studio mascot. She has yet to walk through any work with painted paws but I have had to bathe her to get the acrylics out of her fur.

My current project is a sampler based on the theme of stars. It is a work of paper and fiber that is going to be embellished with beads, buttons and wire and anything else that strikes my fancy. My goal was to enter it into an exhibition for art created by the employees and their family members of the hospital where I work. But, my best friend's diagnosis of breast cancer has put studio time in the background for a short time. All will be well soon.

No comments: