Saturday, November 7, 2009

Fabric Beads


A while back, I wrote about some fabric beads that I had made. I wasn't sure what to do with them but loved the way they turned out. Well, I decided to learn a bit more about beading and made this beautiful necklace and earrings. I keep looking at my stash to see what else would make wonderful beads.

If you love Beryl Taylor's work, Interweave Press has a new DVD out called Layer by Layer. Beryl shares her techniques as well as some of her artwork. I enjoyed the DVD and watching what Beryl can do with what others might discard. Her ideas made me want to get to the dollar store!!

This week I am starting a class called Alter Fabrics offered through Joggles.com. I am really looking forward to it. The class was postponed this summer and is being offered now. I had nearly forgotten about it until the supply list came out. Now I am pumped!!!!



No comments: