Sunday, September 13, 2009

BEAD EMBROIDERY

I have always been fascinated with beads. I love the feel of glass beads dribbling through my fingers. The ping of the glass as it hits the bowl and the light the beads catch as they bounce off the bowl are only the beginnings of the joy I find in beads. BUT then the DH says "So are you taking up another craft? More stuff to put in your craft room?" And then the guilt sets in...should I really venture into another realm? And the answer is a definitive YES!!!! So I am now working on my first major beaded embroidery piece. It is a cuff. The beads above are what I have selected to go with some wonderful cabochons.
The pictures don't do the cabochons justice. There is a beautiful olive green running through each of the stones as well as a hint of purple and of course, browns and beiges. I am not very far along and find that my wrist doesn't allow me to do hours and hours of work on it but I sure am enjoying the process and, for me, that is what it is all about.








1 comment:

beadbabe49 said...

It looks like you have a great start on the cuff...I love the cabs you've chosen! Will you be joining the bead journal project this coming year? I see you follow robin's blog.