Thursday, April 16, 2009

I LOVE threads and fabric and color and fiber and beads...well, as you can see, the list goes on and on and on. I started organizing my threads recently.

  Someone suggested that I sort things by color. Having been a counted thread embroiderer most of my life, I had sorted everything by number. This system was no longer working for me because I was no longer using patterns designed by someone else. 

Starting was easy but there were those odd colors that defied catagorizing (is this a word???-spell check doesn't think so) like the blue green or green blue. But all in all, it works well for me. I also did this with my beads. 

The problem with beads is that they need to be contained within the containers that house each color. I am still trying to find a system that will work for the beads. Anyone have any ideas that have worked for them? I would love to hear about what works for you.

2 comments:

Judy Rys said...

Amazing how our "collections" get out of control so quickly! I'll send you a couple of photos of my bead storage.

Dawn said...

Judy, I look forward to seeing your bead storage. I have trouble with storing beads...once bought I can never seem to find them when I need them. Dawn