Saturday, March 7, 2009

TFZ

I have sons and a DH as well. This has meant that most of my artistic/crafty life has been shared with the males of this house. I've shared 1/2 of the workbench in the basement ( covered with a vinyl flowered table cloth to designate "off-limits" for the power tools. I have had baskets full of supplies stashed around the house to be brought out when I wanted to create. I have had dressers filled with fabric and threads, hidden so no one knew about my secret passion. And now, finally, I have a TFZ. 

My TFZ (testosterone free zone) started about 37 1/2 minutes after my eldest left for college. After the tears were shed, I started by moving his stuff out and painted the room a delicious lavender ...purple is supposed to spark creativity and no right-minded young man would ever want to occupy such a girlish room. Adding white cottage shelves to three walls and a lovely farmers table under the windows, the room was ready for CREATING!!! 

Yes, I get teased a lot by my men but I think they are really proud that I have a created a place where my passion reigns.

No comments: